Dealing with simple repairs
We have some handy hints which should help you deal with simple repairs, such as dealing with frozen pipes, resetting a trip switch or clearing a blocked toilet or sink.
Please see the Handy Hints section in the Repairs handbook (PDF 7MB)
Before contacting the Customer Service Centre with a repair request, you may find it helpful to read one of the self-help guides below.
The guides provide general advice and information about the most common things you may have problems or concerns with in your home.
The guides also detail simple checks you can carry out yourself, which may solve the problem you have and prevent the need for someone to come to your home.
- Loss of electricity supply (PDF 23KB)
- Safety alerts for hot water cylinders (PDF 20KB)
- Oil boiler break down (PDF 22KB)
- General oil boiler information (PDF 68KB)
- Switchover information (PDF 29KB)
- General shower information (PDF 23KB)
- Advice on bleeding radiators (PDF 20KB)
- Loss of heating and hot water (PDF 16KB)
- Checks for carbon monoxide (PDF 18KB)
- Information and advice on faults with locks (PDF 32KB)
- Economy 7 heating and hot water information and advice (PDF 27KB)
- How to get the most of your electric heating and electric water heating (PDF 29KB)
If you are uncomfortable about carrying out any of the checks suggested in the self-help guides, or have concerns about any of the services in your home, please contact us.