If you want to move out of your home, you will need to tell us in writing at least 28 days before your planned move.
Once you have told us of your plans you will need to do the following things before you move out:
- Arrange to have the gas and electricity meters read on the day you move.
- Take everything with you, if you leave any furniture or personal belongings behind we will charge you for the cost of removing all items from the property.
- Leave your home clean and empty so that we can let it quickly to new tenants.
- Carry out any repairs that are your responsibility and tell us if there are any outstanding repairs that we should do. Please remember that if there are any repairs to your property that you should have carried out before you left we will have to charge you for the work.
- If you receive Housing Benefit or Council Tax Benefit, tell the Benefit office at the council immediately. Your Benefit office may be able to help if you have to start paying for your new tenancy before the old one ends. Make sure you ask.
- Leave us with a note of your new address.
- On the day you move, please return all the keys to your local office, your caretaker or Scheme Manager as soon as you have removed everything from the property and tidied up.
- If this is later than 12 noon on a Monday, you will be charged for another weeks rent.