Home » Residents information » Your tenancy » Change of circumstances

Change of circumstances

Please contact us before you make any changes to your household as you may need our permission before you go ahead.

It is important that you let us know if you:

  • Want someone to move in
  • Plan to work from home
  • Would like to keep a pet

There may be other things you want to change in your household that you might need to ask our permission for. If you’re not sure, please check your tenancy agreement or give us a call.

Please let us know of any changes you wish to make by filling in the 'Change of Circumstances' section of our online form.

If you are in a long-term relationship and would like your partner to move in with you, or if you are expecting a baby, please contact us and let us know.

If you would like to add someone to your tenancy agreement, to make it a joint tenancy, please complete our online form.


If you feel you can no longer go on living together and you have a joint tenancy agreement, you will have to decide who will remain in the property.

If one person is the sole tenant they have the right to remain in the property whilst the other does not.


If you are living in a property that is larger than you need, perhaps your family has grown up and left home, you may be subject to benefit reductions due to under occupancy. In these circumstances, we would encourage you to transfer to a smaller property, more suitable for your needs.

Your tenancy agreement will show the number of people who can live in the property. If your home is over-crowded and you have a shortage of bedrooms for your family, based on the ages and gender of the people having to share bedrooms, you can apply for a transfer. Please contact us for more details


You can pass your tenancy over to someone else under specific circumstances, for example:

  • When a court decides the tenancy must be passed onto someone else. This may be due to divorce and/or relating to the care arrangements for any dependent children.
  • It may be possible for members of your family to take over the tenancy of your home when you die. Please contact us for advice.
  • If the tenancy is passed on by mutual exchange.


Repairs Service Update

We are sorry some of our repairs are taking longer than usual. We wanted to let you know why this is and what we’re doing about it.

Read our Repairs Service Update

Information about Covid-19 can be found on our Covid-19 page and on our social media.

Read our notice