Ending your tenancy
What happens once I’ve told you I want to move out?
Once you’ve let us know you are ending your tenancy, we will:
- Inspect your home and tell you what condition it needs to be left in, and what we might need you to do before you leave
- Ask you to let us in to show your home to possible new residents. A member of staff will always be present for any viewings and we will give you at least 24 hours’ notice
- Tell you exactly how much rent you need to pay in full before you hand in your keys
- Advise you what to do with your keys.
What to do if a Sanctuary resident passes away
The death of a family member or friend is a sad time and whilst grieving for your loss you’re often required to deal with their effects and assets.
Letting us know
If the property has a Scheme Manager, please let them know of the death and your contact details as soon as possible. If the property does not have a scheme manager please call us on 0800 131 3348.
- Please email a copy of the death certificate to email@example.com or post it to Sanctuary Housing, Marybone House, 2 Marybone, Liverpool, L3 2BY. You will receive an acknowledgement email/letter to confirm we have received it.
- Please also provide details of the person acting for the Estate, this could be a family member or the Executor.