Keeping your personal details secure
At Sanctuary, we take data protection extremely seriously and would not disclose any information under any circumstances without your permission.
When we contact you
When contacting you, we will only ask you for your:
- Date of birth
- Telephone number
- National Insurance number.
We would never ask for:
- Bank account details
- Remote access to your computer/mobile/tablet
- Cash payments to couriers.
How to keep your personal details safe
To further help you keep your personal details secure, you can also:
- Get free online security advice from Get Safe Online
- Report incidents of fraud to Action Fraud
- Check if your email has been used in a data breach at Have I Been Pwned
- Get advice from the Information Commissioner’s Office
- Opt out of colds calls at Telephone Preference Service
Watch our video: Be aware of suspicious callers
To help you spot whether an unexpected call is genuine and what information we would ask for when calling you, watch this short video below.
If you receive a suspicious text message, you can forward it free of charge to your network provider to 7726 (this spells SPAM on phone keyboards). This enables your network provider to investigate the origin of the text and take action, if it’s found to be malicious.
You can find further information and detailed advice on the National Cyber Security Centre website.