After you have signed your tenancy agreement, your Housing Officer will arrange to visit you to see how you are settling in and to answer any questions you might have.
We have put together some information and tips to make your move run smoothly.
Moving in checklist
When you move in to your new home, there are a few things to remember:
- Contact your gas, water and electricity suppliers to set up or change your utilities account
- Take meter readings as soon as you move in (these are usually taken as part of the tenancy sign up process)
- Contact your local council to set up or change your Council Tax payments and to add your household to the electoral roll
- Contact your local council to make a claim for Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit (if applicable)
- Find out where your stop taps, fuse box and trip switch are located (contact your Housing Officer if you need help)
- Arrange contents insurance for your personal belongings (building insurance is already set up for your property)
- Re-direct your mail from your previous address (please contact the Post Office for advice)
- Arrange or amend your TV licence (if necessary)
- If you install a phone, please let us know your landline number.
- Remember to let your doctor, dentist, bank, employer, school and DVLA, etc of your new address.