Moving within Sanctuary
If you are already one of our residents and your housing needs change, we may be able to transfer you to another home, if you meet the eligibility criteria for the property you’d like to move to.
How it works:
- Call us on 0800 131 3348 and ask to discuss a transfer.
- Our customer service team will ask a few questions to understand why you are requesting making the request. If you are eligible on any grounds, they will send you an application form.
- Complete the application form and send it back to the address provided.
- After this, your Housing Officer may visit you to discuss your transfer application and collect any additional supporting information, for example, evidence of any medical needs.
- Your application will then be assessed against our lettings bands system and we will send you a letter informing you of your banding.
- If you are on our waiting list, we will write to you every six months to check that you would like to remain on the list and to ask whether there is any change of circumstances relevant to your application. Please respond to update us whether you wish to remain and provide us with evidence about any change of circumstances you would like us to know about.
It is important to know that we take everyone’s request for a transfer seriously and will try our best to help. However, the reality is that many people who apply for a transfer will wait many months, several years or may never be offered a different property, depending on their need.