Report a repair
We want you to enjoy living in your home, so we are committed to providing a repairs service you can rely on.
The easiest way to report a non-emergency repair is to use our online form and a member of our team will get in touch with you.
Alternatively, our Customer Service Centre is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, so whatever time you call, we can help.
- Tel: 0800 131 3348 or 0300 123 3511
- Text: 07795 265 843
- Typetalk / minicom: 01482 580 576
Access to your property
Our Sanctuary Maintenance team will require access to your property for safety checks and repairs. Please ensure our teams can gain access to your property to complete these tasks. For more information regarding your safety and staff access, please read our Sanctuary Maintenance security advice.
For more information on reporting a repair to Sanctuary Housing,view our video below:
However you contact us, please provide the following information:
- Your name, address, postcode, a contact phone number and your email address
- Details of the item that needs to be repaired
- If you are hard of hearing or will take time getting to the door.
Your repair is recorded
The details of your repair will be entered onto our computer system.
We will let you know whether we are responsible for the repair; your tenancy agreement will show which repairs are your responsibility.
If a repair is our responsibility, we will advise you.
For further information:
- Please download the Repairs Handbook (PDF 5.76MB).
Your feedback is important to us which is why we might call or email you to ask you what you thought about your repair. These calls will take about five minutes and will help us to improve our services. If you are able to take part, then please do.
If you have an emergency repair, please call us on 0800 131 3348 or 0300 123 3511
What is considered to be an emergency repair?
An emergency repair is something that needs to be fixed straight away, this could be:
- A gas leak or dangerous electrical fault
- Major damage to the structure of your home
- A serious security problem, such as a front door that cannot be locked
- The loss of essential services, such as water or electricity.
What the next steps will be:
- You will be notified of the target date the repair will be completed, and whether a contractor or inspection is needed.
- We will help you through an emergency by ensuring your home is safe as quickly as possible. We will also arrange for any follow-up work required.
For further information:
- View our Repairs Handbook (PDF 5.76MB).
Before contacting the Customer Service Centre with a repair request, you may find it helpful to read one of the repairs self-help guides below.
The guides provide general advice and information about some of the most common things you may have problems or concerns within your home.
The guides also provide simple checks you can carry out yourself, which may solve the problem you have and prevent the need for someone to come to your home.
- Key checks to stay warm during winter (PDF 46KB)
- Loss of electricity supply (PDF 47KB)
- Safety alerts for hot water cylinders (PDF 45KB)
- Oil boiler breakdown (PDF 55KB)
- General oil boiler information (PDF 74KB)
- General shower information (PDF 69KB)
- Advice on bleeding radiators (PDF 49KB)
- Loss of heating and hot water (PDF 40KB)
- Checks for carbon monoxide (PDF 53KB)
- Information and advice on faults with locks (PDF 64KB)
- Economy 7 heating and hot water information and advice (PDF 62KB)
- How to get the most of your electric heating and electric water heating (PDF 78KB)
If you are uncomfortable about carrying out any of the checks suggested in the self-help guides or have concerns about any of the services in your home, please contact us.
You don’t have to pay for repairs that are our responsibility.
However, if you, anyone in your home or your pet cause damage to your home, you are responsible for the repair.
If we have to do the repair to make sure you and your home are safe, you will have to pay for the cost of the repair.
If the damage is caused by a break-in or vandalism, we will carry out work to make sure your home is safe. We can only do further work if you give us a Police Crime Report Number (not an Incident Number).
Wherever possible Sanctuary will carry out repairs through its own maintenance service, Sanctuary Maintenance. When the operative arrives at your home to carry out a check or repair, they will be in a Sanctuary Maintenance van and wearing a Sanctuary Maintenance branded uniform. You should always ask our operatives for identification before you let them into your home. On occasion, we will use contractors to carry out particular repairs jobs or checks for us. These contractors will also carry identification, which you should check.