Report a repair
As of Monday 6 July, we are now able to resume bookings for new routine repairs through our online form. If you have an emergency repair or are unable to complete the form for any reason, you can call 0800 131 3348 or 0300 123 3511.
We are still working through the backlog of repairs and we understand how frustrating it can be to wait for a repair to be completed. Thank you to all our residents for your ongoing patience.
We are continuing to regularly review our approach to repairs in line with the latest government guidelines, including around local lockdowns, and we will highlight any specific service changes for each area should they arise.
For more information about the repairs service please see our latest Service Updates and Advice on COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
Access to your property
For us to carry out repairs and safety checks in your home, we will require access to your property. Please ensure we can gain access to your property to complete these tasks. For more information regarding your safety and staff access, please read our security advice.
For more information on reporting a repair to Sanctuary Housing,view our video below:
What is considered to be an emergency repair?
An emergency repair is something that needs to be fixed straight away, this could be:
- A gas leak or dangerous electrical fault
- Major damage to the structure of your home
- A serious security problem, such as a front door that cannot be locked
- The loss of essential services, such as water or electricity.
What the next steps will be:
- You will be notified of the target date the repair will be completed, and whether a contractor or inspection is needed.
- We will help you through an emergency by ensuring your home is safe as quickly as possible. We will also arrange for any follow-up work required.
For further information:
- View our Repairs Handbook (PDF 4.3MB).
Before contacting the Customer Service Centre with a repair request, you may find it helpful to read one of the repairs self-help guides below.
The guides provide general advice and information about some of the most common things you may have problems or concerns within your home.
The guides also provide simple checks you can carry out yourself, which may solve the problem you have and prevent the need for someone to come to your home.
- Key checks to stay warm during winter (PDF 46KB)
- Loss of electricity supply (PDF 47KB)
- Safety alerts for hot water cylinders (PDF 45KB)
- Oil boiler breakdown (PDF 55KB)
- General oil boiler information (PDF 74KB)
- General shower information (PDF 69KB)
- Advice on bleeding radiators (PDF 49KB)
- Loss of heating and hot water (PDF 40KB)
- Checks for carbon monoxide (PDF 53KB)
- Information and advice on faults with locks (PDF 64KB)
- Economy 7 heating and hot water information and advice (PDF 62KB)
- How to get the most of your electric heating and electric water heating (PDF 78KB)
If you are uncomfortable about carrying out any of the checks suggested in the self-help guides or have concerns about any of the services in your home, please contact us.
You don’t have to pay for repairs that are our responsibility.
However, if you, anyone in your home or your pet cause damage to your home, you are responsible for the repair.
If we have to do the repair to make sure you and your home are safe, you will have to pay for the cost of the repair.
If the damage is caused by a break-in or vandalism, we will carry out work to make sure your home is safe. We can only do further work if you give us a Police Crime Report Number (not an Incident Number).
We carry out repairs and maintenance ourselves wherever possible. When the operative arrives at your home to carry out a check or repair, they will be in a Sanctuary Maintenance van and wearing a Sanctuary Maintenance branded uniform.
You should always ask our operatives for identification before you let them into your home. On occasion, we will use contractors to carry out particular repairs jobs or checks for us. These contractors will also carry identification, which you should check.
If you have any suspicions about who is trying to gain access to your home, please do not let them in and contact us for more information.