Visiting your home
We know that many people may be very wary of letting someone into their home for repairs at this time, and so we have created some guidelines to let you know the steps we are taking to keep you and your family safe.
These guidelines also rely on you and your family to take a number of measures for your own safety, and for the safety of our colleagues. The most important of which is to always keep a two-metre distance, even if our colleague is wearing PPE. If you aren’t able to follow these guidelines then our colleagues may feel it is unsafe to continue working on your repair.
We will be regularly reviewing our approach to routine repairs and all of our services in line with the latest government guidelines.
Our guidelines are as follows:
You can also watch our handy video below:
We need you to...
- Keep two metres away from our colleagues at all times
- Tell us if your repair has got worse so we have the materials to complete the job in one visit
- Tell us if you have symptoms, are self-isolating or shielding
- Stay in another room if possible, open all internal doors and keep all corridors clear
- Reduce the spread of germs by covering your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, or use the inside of your elbow
- Wash your hands regularly for at least 20 seconds or use hand sanitiser
- Allow our staff to wash their hands before and after carrying out any work, if you are happy for them to do so
- Ensure we’re only working if we’re fit and well to do so
- Keep at least two metres from you and your household
- Carry hand sanitiser
- Wash our hands frequently in line with Government recommendations
- Always have the personal protective equipment (PPE) we need
- Minimise the number of visits it takes to complete a job when possible
- Clean any surfaces we need to touch
- Politely decline the offer of refreshments
We politely ask everyone to observe social distancing with our staff, both inside and outside your home, whether they are wearing a mask or not. Where customers are not willing to do this, we reserve the right not to enter the property.