Support for residents in response to Covid-19
Sanctuary’s Community Investment Fund provides grants for community initiatives which make a difference to the lives of Sanctuary residents.
The fund is currently prioritising projects and community groups that are responding directly to the challenges of Covid-19 and for the time being our Grand Ideas Fund is closed. We hope that this will enable us to provide flexible and responsive support where it is most needed.
We recognise this is a hugely challenging time for communities and hope that this fund will provide vital support for our residents and the amazing local groups supporting them through the crisis.
Who is eligible?
The fund is open to projects that will make a difference to the lives of Sanctuary residents in communities impacted by Covid-19.
Eligible groups include:
• Community and residents’ groups
• Registered charities
• Voluntary groups
• Other groups running initiatives in response to Covid-19
What will funding support?
Funding is being prioritised for initiatives responding directly to the impact of Covid-19 on Sanctuary residents and wider communities, helping with challenges including (but not limited to):
• Job losses
• Mental health
• Money management
• Health and wellbeing
• Social isolation
Funding can also directly support community groups who need to change the way they engage with and offer support to Sanctuary residents due to the pandemic; examples include:
• Moving services online and telephone based
• Distributing activity or food packs for vulnerable families not able to access usual sessions and groups
• Setting up a community hub to connect residents to local support services
• Purchasing extra household cleaning products to allow support services to remain operational and safe for the public to attend
• Support with setting up a household and medication delivery service