Financial support

If you are finding it difficult to manage your money, we can help. We can help you to look at ways to budget and the options available to help you deal with debt and creditors

If you are having difficulty paying your rent please let us know as soon as possible. We have an income advice service to support you and prevent you from falling into rent arrears.

If you have a query about your rent, payments or if you are facing financial difficulty, please call us on 0800 916 1516 or 0300 123 3579. You can email the Income Team:

To find out which benefits you may be entitled to, please use the Benefits Checker on the Turn2us website (this link will open in a new window). The Benefits Checker should only take ten minutes to complete.

If you receive housing benefit or council tax benefit but are having difficulty paying the rest of your rent yourself, you may be able to get a discretionary housing payment. Find out more on the Shelter website (this link will open in a new window). 

The best way to manage your household finances is to monitor your incomings and outgoings in the form of a budget. A budget prioritises the things that are important (like your rent and household bills) and should be amended if your circumstances change to reflect the differences in your finances. This will help you take control of your finances, which should relieve stress and help you to plan for upcoming events. The Money Advice Service budget planner (this link will open in a new window) can help you work out how much money you have coming in and what you are spending it on.

For further information:

If you are living on a low income you may be entitled to claim Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit. The amount of benefit you get will depend on your circumstances, and how much rent and/or council tax you pay.

For further information: