Sanctuary Housing - North
Sanctuary Housing manages more than 12,000 properties in parts of Cheshire, Kingston-upon-Hull, Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire, Staffordshire and Yorkshire.
We have a wide range of homes available to rent or buy and are committed to providing quality homes and excellent services that meet the needs of the local community.
General rented housing provides affordable homes for people on low incomes. Our rented properties are available at lower rents than the open market.
If you would like to apply to live in a Sanctuary Housing home, please call us on 0800 131 3348 or 0300 123 3511. If you’re already a Sanctuary Housing resident or live in one of our homes in a different area of the country, you may be able to transfer.
Change of circumstances
Should your circumstances change, please let us know by filling in the 'Change of Circumstances' section on our online form.
Sanctuary provides high quality schemes which benefit from a scheme manager service, allowing residents to live comfortably, securely and independently.
Residents have their own self-contained accommodation; services include a dedicated scheme manager responsible for the management of the building and communal areas, 24 hour in-house telecare service and a separate 24 hour phone line to report any repairs or raise enquiries.
For further information:
- For further information about housing for older people in the North, please call us on 0800 917 0092 or 0300 123 3599.
Sanctuary in neighbourhoods
Our approach to regeneration in Shiregreen is about involving everyone with a positive interest in the neighbourhood: whether they rent from us or own their own home; whether they go to school in Shiregreen, or run a business.
Read our latest documents relating to Shiregreen:
- Shiregreen Neighbourhood Network Newsletter (Summer 2018) (PDF 1.38MB)
- Our special edition celebrating a Decade of regeneration in Shiregreen (PDF 984KB)
- Shiregreen Good Neighbour Charter (PDF 280KB)
The fifth Shiregreen Community Awards in 2016 celebrated the contributions of local heroes and commemorated the 10 year anniversary of Sanctuary in Shiregreen.
The celebration was also dedicated to the memory of the late Harry Harpham, MP for Sheffield Brightside and Hilsborough.
Award winners 2016
Karl Barton Award
Young Achiever of the Year
Kath Page Green Fingers Award
David Blunkett Community Safety Award
Sanctuary Housing’s sixth annual Shiregreen Community Awards honoured those who enrich the Shiregreen neighbourhood.
The winners were:
Karl Barton Award for young people – Ellie Wareham
Good Neighbour Award – Jean Wright
Sporting Hero – Darrell Peat
Young Achiever of the Year – Summer Hawnt
Kath Page Green Fingers Award – Craig Long
David Blunkett Community Safety Award – a resident who apprehended two men trying to break into a property and called the police. He also found a wallet in the street and managed to get it returned to the rightful owner
Shortlisted nominees joined local VIPs and residents at a ceremony on 24th February 2017 at Tankersley Manor.
Our exciting Energise Shiregreen initiative is designed to inspire residents aged 14 and over to take part in local sport and physical activity sessions in Shiregreen.
Success blossomed for residents who entered their glorious green spaces into Sanctuary Housing’s Shiregreen Garden Competition 2017.
A special celebratory event held at Hatfield Academy saw £30 worth of gardening vouchers awarded to the competition winners, who were:
Best Individual Garden – Richard Wilson
Best Hanging Baskets – Janusz Michalak
Best School Garden – Hatfield Academy
This competition was funded by Sanctuary Group’s Community Investment Fund, supporting projects which benefit Sanctuary residents and their communities.
How we’ve helped
- Invested £12,700 which has paid for a new locally designed and updated website, Shiregreen.net, a quarterly newsletter which is delivered to 5,000 homes, the installation of a digital hub and two new community noticeboards.
- Staff have volunteered 125 hours of their time to help co-edit the newsletter.
- An average of 1,700 hits on Shiregreen.net each month.
- One-stop shop for calendar of local events with an average of 16 events each day.
- Formation of Shiregreen Community Forum, an informal sharing network made up of 42 local groups. The forum meets regularly to share ideas and resources, collaborate on funding bids and celebrate community achievements.
Allan Ogle has lived in Shiregreen for more than four years and is a keen badminton player. He and his friends had an idea to organise a badminton marathon to raise money for the NSPCC, promote badminton as a way of staying fit and healthy, inspire the community and break the world record for the longest badminton doubles marathon.
How we’ve helped
- Contributed £1,800 to help pay for event sponsorship, equipment costs and promotion.
- Staff volunteered their time to help organise the event and run the ‘community court’.
- More than £5,000 raised for the NSPCC and a new world record achieved.
- A long-term plan to increase sporting participation through badminton and other sports is now in place.
- Launch of a new badminton club with dozens of residents taking up the sport.
The 231st Shiregreen scout group has one of the biggest followings of any local group or club. The group approached Sanctuary to help with tackling anti-social behaviour and refurbishing the hut. Together we organised a day of community action using Sanctuary’s regeneration partners for help.