Social housing eligibility
To be able to join one of our open housing waiting lists and be considered for a property, the following applies:
- You must be aged 16 or over
- You have been assessed as being in housing need
- You meet the criteria of our lettings banding scheme.
You will not be eligible for housing with us if:
- You do not meet the criteria above
- You are not entitled to hold a tenancy due to your immigration status
- You have been evicted for breach of tenancy by a local authority, housing association, another registered provider or private landlord
- We consider that you pose a threat to a local community because you have been convicted of offences like drug dealing, violent or abusive behaviour towards others (including Sanctuary staff), racially motivated attacks or hate crimes.
Find out more:
Applying for a home
If you are looking for a new home, there are a few ways that you can apply to rent a property from us. Find out more about how we allocate affordable housing.
We currently have some vacant properties to rent in England. Our online property section is updated regularly with the latest availability across the country.